On my birthday back in August I got to create a group portrait of Les Grands Ballets de Montreal dancers for their 2016-17 program.
So far this is the largest group portrait I got to make.

Prepping for the shoot was a fun challenge: my assistant Pascale and I had to tape two 11' seamless backdrops side by side in order to give us enough width for 18 people group.

We shot a variety of moods from serious and glam to kind and fun. Final shots were to be in black and white (yes!) and the company went with the serious look.

Few layers and LOTS of masking later these final images were created.

Special thanks to Pascale Méthot for assisting!
View more of my work here: www.kravetzphotographics.com

Equipment list:
Phase One DF with P30+ digital back
Schneider 80mm LS
2x Profoto 7A packs
Elinchrom Ranger RX
Elinchrom 7' EL OCTA

Continue reading for some behind the scenes stuff.